Welcome to the GoMediaZine!
Are you a passionate creative, student, designer, entrepreneur?
You’re in the right place.
Inside you’ll find the tools you’ll need to successfully do what you love. We’ll share real-world practical advice, solid business techniques, step-by-step tutorials, as well as educational podcasts and webinars to take you to the next level.
We give all of our secrets away and cultivate an open environment for the sharing of insights and inspiration.
When you’re ready, we would also love for you to be a part of our community. Please comment on posts, become an active member of our social media community and/or email to find out ways you can contribute your own designs or tutorials to the GoMediaZine.
With hundreds of posts in our archives sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin. Here are a few guides to help get you started.
Become a Better Designer in 7 easy steps.
1. Become a Master Designer: Rule One: Limit Your Fonts
2. Become a Master Designer: Rule Two: Limit Your Colors
3. Become a Master Designer: Rule Three: Contrast, Contrast, Contrast
4. Become a Master Designer: Rule Four: Spacing Is Your Friend
5. Become a Master Designer: Rule Five: Add depth to your designs.
6. Become a Master Designer: Rule Six: Motion
7. Become a Master Designer: Rule Seven: Putting it all together.
Become a Master Typographer:
1. Become a Master Typographer: How to Choose the Perfect Typeface
2. Become a Master Typographer: 19 Expert Secrets to Creating Custom Lettering
Tips to Launch and Run a Thriving Design Business
1. How to Launch your Freelance Business: 9 Simple Tips
2. Moving beyond Freelancing: 4 Insights to Growing your Design Firm
3. A Designer’s Guide to Pricing
4. How to Charge For Your Graphic Design Work (& Get What You Deserve)
5. 12 Tips for Flawless Service & Happy Clients
6. Beating Busters: How to Identify and Avoid Bad Clients
7. Accountants, lawyers, and doctors, oh my! A designer’s guide to business.
8. Everything You Need to Know About Dealing with Difficult Clients
9. Thoughts on Design Integrity. Getting what you want from your client
10. Secret to Success: Track Your Metrics!
11. On Developing a Dedicated Sales Team
12. The Number One Myth of Hiring (& How You Can Overcome It)
13. 10 Mistakes Freelancers Should Avoid Today
14. How to Make (and Save) Money as a Graphic Designer
Start Your Own Clothing Company
1. How to Launch a T-Shirt Line in One Day
2. The Fundamentals of Great T-Shirt Design
3. Starting your own shirt line. PART 1
4. Starting your own shirt line. PART 2
5. Apparel Printing: the Designer’s Guide
6. How to Get Your Apparel Line into Retail Stores
7. 15 Awful Mistakes Made by Designers in the Music & Apparel Industry – 1 of 3
8. 15 Awful Mistakes Made by Designers in the Music & Apparel Industry – 2 of 3
9. 15 Awful Mistakes Made by Designers in the Music & Apparel Industry – 3 of 3
10. Pointers for Designers Working with Apparel Companies
11. A Designer’s Guide to Pricing
12. How to Charge For Your Graphic Design Work (& Get What You Deserve)
13. 10 Tips to avoid designer’s block
14. How to Win at Design by Humans
1. Anatomy of a Band T-Shirt
2. Design Process: “Sick” Metal Band T-Shirt
3. Tutorial: “Lady Luck” T-Shirt Illustration
4. Go Media’s Rapid-Fire Illustration Technique
5. How to Design Your Own Custom Hoodie
6. Sexy Holiday Vector Pin-Up Girl Technique
7. How to design a t-shirt on a budget and a tight deadline
8. Ornate Lettering Process
9. Designing Ultra SceneXCore Apparel!
10. Beautiful Vector Illustration
11. How to Create Vintage T-Shirt Designs with no drawing ability
Improve Your Skills
1. From Sketch to Vector Illustration
2. Aged Type Effect in Photoshop (w/Ps Action)
3. Intricate Patterns in Illustrator
4. Vintage Typography Tutorial
5. Create 3D objects in Cinema 4D from vector art
6. Tutorial: How to Design and Print Custom Silk Screen Die-Cut Stickers
7. Collaboration! Two samurai (artists) are more powerful than one.
8. Easy to accomplish VSCO Cam effect in Photoshop
9. Screen-Printed Movie Poster Tutorial by Pale Horse
10. Go Media’s Rapid Fire Illustration Technique
11. Thick Line Art: Creating Iconic Vector Art
12. The Lost and Taken Poster: A case study and texturing tutorial
Most Popular Posts
1. From Sketch to Vector Illustration
2. Gigposter Design: The New Sex
3. How to Create Explosive Typographic Effects in Cinema 4D
4. Create a Dream Design with 3D Typography
5. How to Set up Your Wacom for Awesome Results
6. How to Create Photorealistic T-Shirt Mockup
7. Comic Book Style Graphic Design
8. Old School Type – Line Gradients
9. Top 28 Best Motion Graphics Blogs and Resources
10. Free Exclusive Resource from Jimiyo: Skull Reference Photos
11. Become a Master Typographer: How to Choose the Perfect Typeface
12. Go Media’s 100+ Must Have Design Resources
A Student’s Guide to the GoMediaZine:
1. An Open Letter to Student Designers
2. Surviving Design School
3. Preparing for your Design Career: 5 Important Lessons
4. How to Land the Design Job of your Dreams
5. 10 Mistakes Designers Make When Applying for Jobs
6. 8 Detrimental Design Habits to Break Today
7. An Open Letter to Design Students: Learn to Code
8. Learn to Code: Tips for Designers