I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I’ve been working on an eBook titled Thread’s Not Dead: The Designer’s Guide to the Apparel Industry. (EDIT: it’s out! buy it here in ebook and hardcover) During my research, I’ve realized that we’ve actually written a LOT about the subject in the past 3-4 years. Articles that I have completely forgotten about myself! So I’ve gone back through the archives of the GoMediaZine to dust off some of our best articles we’ve ever written about the apparel industry. Some of these aren’t directly related, but answer common questions apparel industry designers have (like pricing for instance). If you’ve been following Steve Knerem’s “How to Start a Clothing Line” series on the zine, then you surely find something useful in these links.
Oh and at the end of this post is a sign up form if you want to get notified when the eBook comes out! I can’t wait!
- Tutorial: “Lady Luck” T-Shirt Illustration
- Go Media’s Rapid-Fire Illustration Technique
- How to Design Your Own Custom Hoodie
- Sexy Holiday Vector Pin-Up Girl Tutorial
- How to design a t-shirt on a budget and a tight deadline
- Ornate Lettering Process
- Designing Ultra SceneXCore Apparel!
- Beautiful Vector Illustration
- From Sketch to Vector Illustration
- Apparel Printing: the Designer’s Guide
- 15 Awful Mistakes Made by Designers in the Music & Apparel Industry – 1 of 3
- 15 Awful Mistakes Made by Designers in the Music & Apparel Industry – 2 of 3
- 15 Awful Mistakes Made by Designers in the Music & Apparel Industry – 3 of 3
- Design Process: “Sick” Metal Band T-Shirt
- Anatomy of a Band T-Shirt
- Pointers for Designers Working with Apparel Companies
- A Designer’s Guide to Pricing
- How to Win at Design by Humans
- 10 Tips to avoid designer’s block.
- Starting your own shirt line. PART 1-2
Have fun taking a look back at some of our best articles. Thread’s Not Dead has contributions and case studies from from Angryblue, Matt Wigham, Jeffrey Kalmikoff, Marc Hemeon, Monk One, Horsebites, Glamour Kills, Cure Apparel, Paint the Stars Clothing, Fright Rags, Jon Kruse, Brandon Rike, Go Media, Rikki B, I Am the Trend, Jakprints, Jamie Tallerico, and Maxx242.