Our year has started off with a BANG! In 2013 we have welcomed 3 new members to the Go Media family:
- Sarah Traxler, our new Project Manager
- Lauren Prebel, our new Client Services Manager
- Aaron Roberts, our new Jr. Designer
Sarah Traxler – Project Manager
Lauren Prebel – Client Services Manager
Aaron Roberts – Jr. Designer
Everyone at Go Media hopes y’all had a wonderful holiday break and a happy New Year! We celebrated 2012 in style at our office at 45th and Lorain. Just check out the pictures below to see all the fun we had!
Want to Contribute to the Zine?
- Have an interesting design story to tell?
- Want to be featured on the GoMediaZine?
- Well, then contact the GoMediaZine manager, Marissa Mele at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
What The Team Has Been Up To
- Launched US Display Group’s new redesign.
- Continued to work with Bill on the buildout of the new Prooflab sales site.
- Recorded Episodes 4 and 5 of the Go Media Podcast with Jeff and Bill. The 5th episode was our 2012 Year in Review. In that episode, we introduced a new external recording method (Zoom H2) and brought the mics through a mixer, instead of a going directly into the laptop. Continued to test streaming live.
- Finished Arsenal email campaign design and buildout. Should be sent out once the new site launches later this year.
- Added a simple site switcher to the Zine, Mockup Everything and On The Map. This allows our visitors to quickly get to and from all of our properties. We’ll be applying it to the new Arsenal, Proof Lab and WMC Fest sites as soon as they’re out.
- Put up a new mobile navigation experience on Go Media Zine. Will be adding it to the rest of our sites soon.
- Got to Level 3 in the original Donkey Kong during the Go Media Christmas Party. My best ever.
- Taking our fantastic new hires under my wing!
- Working on improving our internal processes.
- Amping up our client experience and our account services team.
- Delivering holiday cheer.
- Typing my fingers to the bone from writing proposals.
- Wrote articles for the GoMediaZine:
- What’s Go Media Been Up To? – November 2012,
- Jenni Bick Bookbinding Giveaway,
- 5 New Packaging Templates for Mockup Everything,
- 35 Striking Vintage Designs,
- 33 Inspiring Typographic Designs,
- 50+ Impressive and Inspirational Print Designs,
- Mighty Deals Giveaway,
- Silver & Light: The Photography of Ian Ruhter, and
- Episode 4: Pricing, Haters and Bad Clients.
- Finding cool articles, images, and videos for the Go Media Facebook Page, the Go Media Arsenal Facebook Page, the Go Media Twitter Account, the Go Media Pinterest Page, and the Go Media Instagram.
- Created a Go Media Google+ page (why not follow us?)
- Managing and contributing to the GoMediaZine.
- Reading articles and ebooks on Social Media Marketing and the book “Trust Agents“ and “Pinterest Power.”
- Curating the Flickr Pool and published the December 2012 – Flickr Pool Showcase & the January 2013 – Flickr Pool Showcase on the zine.
- Curating the Go Media Guest Pinner Board on Pinterest and published the 4th Showcase and the 5th Showcase on the zine.
- Assisted with and managed the creation of 5 Food & Beverage Templates as well as 5 “Date Night” Templates for Mockup Everything (keep a lookout for them at the end of January).
- Responded to customer inquiries, requests, and suggestions for Mockup Everything through the Get Satisfaction Community page.
- Organized the Go Media X-Mas party.
- LOTS of bookkeeping work and preparing QuickBooks file for our accountant.
- Arsenal and Shirt Mockup customer service.
- Proofreading Zine articles and proposals.
- COSE came to our office for an energy assessment.
- Printing shipping labels for all the Christmas packages being sent to our clients.
- Adding new employees to our payroll and time off system.
Sarah Traxler (Our New Project Manager)
- Getting up to speed as the new Project Manager here at Go Media—learning about all of the wonderful things Go Media has to offer its clients and the community!
- Collaborating with the sales team to update Go Media’s proposal template.
- Developing and implementing tools to improve resource allocation and project planning.
- Partnering with Jakprints to provide printing services directly to Go Media’s clients (coming soon!)
- Developing a set of metrics to assess project success + profitability.
Lauren Prebel (Our New Client Services Manager)
- Sold my first project!
- Chasing leads and setting up as many discovery calls as I can.
- Knocking out tons of proposals.
- Helping to develop some new systems and processes with the rest of the sales team.
Aaron Roberts (Our New Jr. Designer)
- Settling in as the new Designer here at Go Media.
- Helping create box mockups for the Arsenal.
- Creating templates for mockupeverything.com.
- Sketching awesome things for Vector Pack 22.
- A diagram showing the basic structure of Proof Lab.
- Logo designs for MESA International.
- Migrated Go Media’s Proof Lab Project Management software over to the Amazon Cloud for improved scalability. We also deployed some bug fixes and improvements to Proof Lab with features like Task Deadlines, Dates, Email Notifications and more.
- Contributed to a wide variety of custom web development requests for proposal.
- Launched the new Croes~Oliva Group website, http://croesolivagroup.com, it boasts a full width slideshow while the entire site is responsive. This means it adapts to look great on the device size you visit from such as an iPhone or iPad. The Croes~Oliva Group is an expert healthcare consultancy, based in Boston, who helps Hospitals and Physicians Groups streamline operations to improve the quality of care.
- Launched Motivideos, a Motivational Videos startup based in the Tri-State area. Motivideos produces compelling entrepreneur and business documentaries that serve to inspire your team toward success.
- Developing an API for aMember 4 to integrate into Mockup Everything and other subscription properties.
- WMC Fest 2013 sponsorship has opened up, contact us if you are interested in sponsoring wmc fest.
- Got the flu, watched a bunch of Netflix.
- Still working on a pretty big Florida music fest branding project.
- Worked on a new website for Thread’s Not Dead.
- Podcast episode 5.
- Did this poster for Cellar Door records.