Attention all bands! Alternative Press Magazine has put together the ultimate band competition: “Almost Famous.” Part of the prize package is design services from Go Media! This is your opportunity to get that killer apparel design or CD art that you’ve been longing for. Here is the skinny on the competition: (taken from altpress.com)
1. Pick your band’s best song. Obviously, it has to be somewhere in the punk/indie/emo/ska/rock/hardcore/metal scene. (Please, no folk or free jazz, guys. It won’t be considered.) And, seriously, one song per band. Please include the band’s name and song name in the mp3 file title if possible. Don’t label the file “Track 01″…
2. E-mail it, along with your band’s contact information, to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than midnight on August 31, 2006.
3. Alt Press will go through the entries and pick their 30 favorite songs.
4. Those 30 songs will go up on the AP&R Almost Famous contest area (altpress.com/almostfamous) on the AP website on September 8, 2006.
5. You will have until midnight on September 29, 2006, to pick your three (3) favorite songs. You only get to vote once, so make your picks count!
6. The three bands with the most votes win all the amazing items below that our friends have donated to this contest to help you get a head start on your music career! This includes design services from Go Media Inc. AP will announce the winners on their website on October 6, 2006.
7. AP will also feature the three bands within the pages of AP as well as on their XM Satellite Radio show, The AP Show, which will be airing on Fungus 53.
For continuous updates on the contest, listen to the AP Show on XM channel 53, Fungus Radio, this summer. Go to myspace.com/fungus53 for more info!
For more info visit www.altpress.com
And for your best design services on the planet, visit www.gomedia.us